As the nights get shorter and we all seek comfort at home with cosy evenings with tasty snacks, Lizi’s has an easy-to-follow Maple & Pecan Chocolate Cookie recipe that’s sure to have everyone asking for more.
I absolutely love Lizi’s Granola in a bowl with oat milk in the morning, so this recipe is right up my street!
This moreish and wholesome cookie recipe is the perfect treat for all the family, bringing a taste of autumn into your home. Made with Lizi’s Low Sugar Granola, it’s the ideal treat when snuggled up with a blanket and tea in the evening. You can get Lizi’s Granola for around £3.60 at Waitrose and Ocado, and I love it as it’s low sugar, high in fibre and vegan.
110g unsalted butter
100g soft light brown sugar
2 tablespoons of maple syrup
1 egg, lightly beaten
150g plain flour
150g Lizi’s Low Sugar Maple & Pecan Granola
A handful of Lizi’s Low Sugar Maple & Pecan Granola to roll the cookies in.
A pinch of salt
1 teaspoon of bicarbonate of soda
100g milk or dark chocolate chips
TO MAKE 15 LARGE COOKIES
- Preheat the oven to 170 degrees and line two flat baking trays with non-stick baking paper.
- In a large bowl, place the butter, sugar, maple syrup. Cream together with a wooden spoon.
- Add in the egg and beat well to combine.
- Add in the Lizi’s Low Sugar Maple & Pecan Granola, flour, salt and bicarbonate of soda. Gently mix.
- Add in the chocolate chips and mix further.
- Place the mixing bowl into the fridge to rest for around an hour. (Transfer to a smaller bowl if needed.)
- Use a tablespoon to scoop the dough into equally sized balls (around the size of a large walnut) and roll in your hands to shape.
- Push each ball into the handful of Lizi’s Low Sugar Maple & Pecan Granola and place onto the lined baking tray granola side up. Make sure these are well spaced on the tray as they will spread when baking.
- Place the tray of cookies into the fridge to chill for 5 minutes. Take out the fridge and place in the middle of the preheated oven to bake for around 10-12 minutes.
- Once cooked, remove the tray from the oven and leave the cookies to cool down on the tray for around an hour before moving them. Enjoy!