We’ve all heard about the benefits of “good fats” and avocado is excellent in this regard – hurrah! The avocado gives this mousse a delightful creaminess without the need for butter (bonus!). They’re also full of potassium, which the body needs to build muscle and control the electrical activity of the heart. Combined with chocolate and you’ve got yourself one tasty treat this #ChocolateWeek
Ingredients (serves 4):
· 2 ripe avocados
· 30g of cocoa powder (unsweetened)
· 80ml of almond milk
· 2 tbsp of honey
· 1 tsp of vanilla extract
· 100g of dark chocolate (70% or higher)
· 1 tsp of fine salt
As far as simple chocolate dessert recipes go, this is as easy as it gets. Yet the results are phenomenal!
· To make the mousse, simply melt your dark chocolate over a pan of boiling water. This should take two to three minutes.
· In the meantime, peel and pit your avocados and place these in a blender with your honey, cocoa powder, almond milk, vanilla extract and salt.
· Blend until smooth and then pour the mixture into four cups.
· Leave these to chill in the fridge for two hours.
· That’s it!