Yes, it’s getting chilly and that means time for some tasty soup recipes! We tried this deliciously warming carrot and ginger soup recipe by Rachel’s Organic and we have a feeling you’ll like it just as much as we did!
Preparation time: 40 minuteServes: 4
- 600g carrots, peeled and cubed
- 2 large cloves garlic, skin removed
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- Black pepper & salt
- Knob of Rachel’s butter
- 2cm piece of fresh ginger
- 1 small potato, peeled and cubed
- 5 shallots, diced
- 1 litre vegetable stock, hot
- 100g Rachel’s Organic Greek style Ginger yogurt
- Chopped herbs of your choice
1.Pre-heat oven to 200°c/400°f/gas 6
2. Place the carrots and garlic in a small oven proof dish or roasting tin, and add the honey, cumin and seasoning, mix well. Roast in the oven until soft and caramelised
3. Take a saucepan and melt the butter, add the ginger, potato and shallots and cook until soft. Add the roasted carrots and mix stir
4. Add the stock and leave to simmer for approx 20 minutes until all the vegetables are tender. Using a stick blender or food processor blitz until smooth, check seasoning and leave to cool slightly whilst you make the garnish.
5. Finally serve with a dollop of yogurt and a few chopped herbs of your choice.
To Serve: Stir through a spoon of Rachel’s Greek Style Natural yogurt.
Hints and tips
Try serving the soup with fresh crusty bread, the perfect accompaniment.