With Pancake Tuesday coming up I wanted to trial some vegan pancake recipes, as I don’t eat dairy and eggs but don’t want to miss out on delicious pancake fun! I found this vegan pancake recipe to be the best of them all in terms of ease to make, access to ingredients and of course, taste! Give it a try and let me know what your favourite toppings are!
Vegan Pancake Recipe
- 1cup flour (whichever kind you prefer)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup soy milk
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- To garnish: Berries or banana, agave nectar, grated dark chocolate
- Set out all your ingredients.
- Set a pan on a medium heat.
- Combine the 4 dry ingredients (flour, sugar, baking powder, salt) in a bowl.
- Add the soy milk and vegetable oil to your mixture.
- Mix until smooth.
- Now the pan should be ready for your batter, so spoon one pancakes’ worth of the mixture into the pan.
- Flip [carefully] when you see bubbles in the middle of the pancake, or if the edges are looking stiffened.
- Repeat until the batter is gone, and try not to eat them all while you’re cooking them.
- Top with berries or bananas and Agave Nectar!